Douglas J. Engel
Areas of Practice
Business, Estate Planning, Litigation, Real Estate.
Business and investment entities; estate planning and documentation for clients of all age and wealth brackets; variety of civil litigation matters; contract drafting, negotiation, and litigation, including employment, trade secrets, internet, and general business; torts; real estate transactions including purchases, sales, leases, options, easements, liens and condemnation.
Courts Admitted to Practice:
- All Washington State Courts
Washington State Bar Association (WSBA):
- Former chair and member of Law Office Management Assistance Program.
- Member of Business Law Section.
- Member of Real Property, Probate & Trust Section.
King County Bar Association (KCBA):
- Former chair and member of Lawyer Referral Service Advisory Committee
- Member of KCBA sections on estate planning and business.
College: St. John’s University in Minnesota (1970)
Law School: University of Denver (1973)
Admitted to Colorado Bar (1973)
USAR: Captain (1973-75)
Arapaho County Colorado Deputy Prosecuting Attorney (1973-75)
Admitted to Washington Bar (1977)
Fun things: Birding, golf and gardening.